Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Saying Goodbye - Walk on the beach






Our house in Alaska is right on the beach. But about 120' straight up. One of the things on my list as we look at moving back to Arizona was to make another trip down to the beach.



That doesn't sound like much, but really it's not somthing I wanted to do by myself. The trail leading down to the beach is REALLY steep. There are strong tides and wild animals (read Bears) that add to the danger of going alone. An injury of any kind would make getting back up the trail really hard. Although the motivation of a bear ...



This is a picture I took from the banks of Fish Creek located about 20 minutes walk down the beach. It's looking toward Knik arm and the Chugach mountians across the water. You can almost see the snow caped mountains in the picture. I had to shrink it to fit here - sorry.



Spring has arrived here and all the trees are budding and as you can see in the picture the grass is sprouting up. The temperature was about 55. Perfect and sunny.



It was a little muddy.


Next Monday I'm going hiking on the Gold Mint trail in Hatchers Pass. It's a trail that I've not been on. It should be a lot of fun and beautiful. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures and post them here. Shouldn't be as muddy since it's in the mountians.

Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment