Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I can't beleive that anyone would read this.. but

Well.. I'm here at the computer to check on my daughter's blog "amanda goes east" and came accross this opportunity to express myself in my very own blog. I have to say that my "blog" on myspace hasn't generated much interest. But maybe this one will be different.

I titled my blog "South from Alaska" because I now live in Knik Alaska (about 45 miles from Anchorage) and will soon be driving the Alcan south for the first time. I've now driven it twice headed north but on my other move south we took the ferry. The Alaska Marine Highway. I highly recomend it although I personaly was sick for the part where we crossed the Gulf of Alaska.

I work at Walmart and so I'm there almost every day. Which is why I can tell you for sure that the Wasilla Walmart has a display of "The Milepost" which they recently set up. I've been thinking that I should get one for my upcoming trip south.

Why move away from Alaska you ask? Good question. The typical answer - work.

Mark, my husband, will be taking a church in Sahuarita AZ this June.

We will miss Alaska but we also love Arizona and we're looking forward to making new friends there and getting to know the church we will be serving there. We know that God has great plans for us and for Santa Cruz UMC.

See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment