Tuesday, March 24, 2009

This is me getting ready to ski Crevasse Moraine agian today. This was only my second time and tragically might be the last time for a long time. The warmer temperatures are taking a toll on the snow conditions. It was a little icy, but not bad. And I didn't actually fall down even one time. Although there were a couple of times..

When we went last week we followed the groomer and the trails were in really great shape. Today it looked like it'd been a while since the groomer had been through. The tracks had some holes in them and were partially filled with snow. Since I didn't fall.. maybe this was a good thing for me??


Since I remembered to take the camera this time I thought you might enjoy a few other pictures.







I took the map along just in case and I got it out quite often. They also had thoughtfully posted maps at almost all of the junctions of the trails with a handy little icon that said "you are here".


This is a REALLY nice trail system. And another nice feature for me is a well stocked restroom at the trail head. I have a picture of that too, but really .. if you've seen one you've seen them all.


On my way off the trail I came upon some kind of strange green trail marker. On closer inspection it turned out to be a green bag used for poop scooping. Someone must have dropped it. Being a good trail citizen I picked it up and placed it here.

I hope I get to go again before the snow melts. But if not.. it was fun while it lasted. And I hope to be back in Alaska or somwhere else where I can ski again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment